Currently, I mostly work on Time-Frequency Analysis and Harmonic Analysis in Phase Space (i.e. Applied Harmonic Analysis) with special emphasize to Operator Theory, Quantum Physics and Special Functions.
You can see my research contributions in the list of publications.
I was born in September 26, 1982 in Lisbon (Portugal).
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS:
- “MPEI” prize (Macau-Portugal-Escolas-Internet) , 1998 (2nd prize)
- “Ciência Viva“ prize, 1998-2000 (scholarship to promote research in Chemistry)
- Doctoral Fellow of the “Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia“, with the reference SFRH/BD/17657/2004, 2004-2008.
- Allowance of the project’s research entitled “Applications of hypercomplex analysis to partial differential equations” from “Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek – Vlaanderen” (Flanders FWO), with the reference G.0.335.08 for scientific travel to K.U. Leuven, Belgium, 2009.
- Partial scholarship from the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in Bonn, Germany, to participate in the Symposium “Mathematisch Arbeitstagung 2009“, 2009.
- Bag full of the Center for Functional Analysis and Applications of the Technical Institute of Lisbon to participate in the “International Summer School on Operator Algebras and Applications“, 2009.
- Grant from the “Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian” with reference processo No. 103748 for participation in the International Meeting 7th ISAAC Congress, which helds at Imperial College of London (United Kingdom), July 13 to July 18, 2009.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow of the “Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia“, with the reference SFRH/BPD/63521/2009 [March 2010 to present].
- Project Fellow of the “Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia“, with the reference PTDC/MAT/114394/2009 (jointly with Afonso Bandeira & Luís Daniel Abreu) [January 2011 to present].
- Strategic research project with reference PEst-C/MAT/UI0324/2011 co-funded by QREN (team member of CMUC) [July 2011 to present].